Thursday, March 15, 2012

Josh's 28th Birthday!

Josh turned 28 this year! Opposed to myself, Josh LOVES surprises. Now because I really do not enjoy surprises, sometimes it is difficult for me to plan them for others as well. I wanted to do something really simple and so for this year's birthday I planned an hourly birthday surprise. Originally I wanted to do 28 hours of birthday surprises but that just got too complicated so starting at 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Josh received a gift, each hour on the hour. Josh worked 1/2 day so I packed his first several gifts for him to take with him, beginning with a letter explaining how the day was going to work. The gifts ranged from small items such as a chapstick to coupons and then some actual presents. Hours and gifts listed below:


8- Letter explaining the day.
9- A new cell phone cover (GameBoy!)
10- A new chapstick- to keep those lips moist!
11- Ninja t-shirt (Josh likes to think he is a Ninja so I thought it fitting that he looked the part for his day.)
12- Coupon for a lunch date with me!
1- Coupon for a new game-"Limbo"(for the computer and a really strange game, but he loved it!)
2- Candy bar letter.
3-Case of Apple Beer (his favorite drink!)
4- A list of 28 reasons why I love him!
5- Dinner and other Ninja shirt (I couldn't pick between 2 to give him so he got both)
6- Reese's Ice Cream Cake

GameBoy cell phone cover


Ninja T-shirt

Josh in Ninja T-shirt


Candy Bar letter


Josh and his Reeses Ice Cream Cake
Overall the day was really fun and I think Josh really enjoyed it. Another year older and wiser too, Happy Birthday to you!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I don't know why but I haven't seen several of your recent posts. It looks like you've had a great Spring. Your trip to Mexico looks amazing, and I'm really impressed with your birthday gifts for Josh. It took a lot of planning!

Amanda said...

What a cute wife you are. I bet Josh loved it. I agree about not liking surprises. Wes likes them too...I might have to steal this idea ;)